Monday, February 16, 2015
The Tree I Loved
Today I woke up to an unfamiliar site. My favourite tree got cut down. It had been at the front of my window since I'd arrived here. I arose to the sounds of chainsaw blades and snapping. Though the situation wasn't near as bloody, it felt equally as the Jason himself sawed my heart out. Not too often do you find love for something but that tree was one of the most splendid things I'd ever met. Tall as ever and sat and watched me sleep through my window almost every night. On the glorious romps of my evenings and the cruddy mornings after, that tree was always there. Alert, worryful and reaching for a hug. Now it lacks the arms to do so. I would like to express my extreme discontent with the loss, my dissatisfaction with our relationship and the limbo of helplessness I endure when I think about how I couldn't have helped the tree if I tried. Not to sound like a tree-hugger or anything, I never even gave him a name but there is possibility for a simple synergy between the living-our arboreal buddies included! I mean trees have lives too. What would it be like to hear the testimonies of a semi-immortal creature. Can you imagine the words you would have to say after 100 years of holding still and growing tall. All the friends that you've made, weathered and watched move away without a word as a catalyst for what you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment